you’ve got… a mind for data, interest in global development
to apply you’ll need… resume, cover letter (possibly transcripts an recommendations later)
remember to emphasize your… computer and quantitative skills, research experience
Organization: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA), “is an international non-profit research organization. Based in New Haven, CT, with offices in Washington, D.C. and worldwide, IPA works with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches to solving development problems, to communicate “what works” in development and to scale up successful projects in a variety of fields, including health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture.” (poverty-action.org)
Job title: Project Associate/ Research Manager
Location: New Haven, CT
Job page: Project Associate/ Research Manager
Summary: Innovations for Poverty Action seeks qualified candidates for the position of Project Associate or Research Manager (depending on qualifications and experience). The position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand experience in a broad range of activities related to development research.
- Strong knowledge of Stata and excellent quantitative skills
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Experience living in a developing country
- Master’s in Economics, Public Policy, or related field (strongly preferred)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
- In the subject line: Copy exactly the following position line: 100879IPAUSA, Project Associate/Research Manager
- Attachments: Please attach ONLY your resume and cover letter.
- In the email body: Put your full name, first (given) name followed by last (family) name
Please do not include any text besides the position line(s) in the body of the e-mail. Adding extra text will interfere with the processing of your application.
2. Complete the J-PAL/IPA common application indicating that you are interested in applying for a “Type 1: Research Analyst or Project Associate” position. Please note: you are not required to include transcripts or letters of recommendation upon initial submission. After submitting, you can edit your application at any time and may add these.
3) Fill out their EEO-1 Voluntary Self Identification Form.
Date posted: ?
Date due: March 20, 2013
Start date: ASAP
Online resources: Reviews of experiences with IPA’s application/interview/hiring process are here (glassdoor). For info on Mushfik Mobarak (the principal investigator for this position), look here. IPA is associated with JPAL, whose website is here.
Other info: It’s a 2 year commitment.
(All info from http://www.poverty-action.org/getinvolved/jobs/USA/IPAUS100879.)